Hope

Hope

Blog Archive

Friday 12 November 2010

The Obligatory Airport Post

So, I'm at Sydney Airport .. which doesn't free WiFi, but does have free internet kiosks.

And I'm working my way through the list of things I do at every airport where I have to spend 3 to 6 hours at...

  1. Find the boarding gate
  2. Recheck boarding time
  3. Find food
  4. Find a place to take a shower (preferbably hot water, soap and paper napkins provided)
  5. Find something to kill time.. like
  6. Find free internet (bonus points if its WiFi, but if it is, find a plug point)
  7. If 6 unavailable, find a bookstore (with a comfortable nook to settle in)
  8. If 6 and 7 unavailable, find a plug point for offline laptop entertainment

For more than 6 hours transit, the option to take a nap is very tempting ... with this, the order of preference is

Padded couch > carpeted floor > unpadded chairs > tile floor ... but for all these option a wall/corner is essential.

---

And on other news : Exams Are Over. 

(I don't think I failed.)

I definately passed 1/5 of the exam (OSCE - didn't get called in for the friday re-evaluation =D)

For the rest of it... Well, I took a stab at answering all questions; and I know i answered some questions fairly well, with the rest going by the examstrategies... like 

1) Write the bleedin' obvious ("The man has acute kidney injury due to a prerenal insult)

2) Describe, describe, describe - especially for histology/ pathology questions.. even if you have no idea what it is ("There are numerous black lesions on this coronal section of the brain..")

3) Write anything at all related to the question =D

....

But overall (fingers crossed) its a pass. Not a spectacular pass, but I believe i wrote enough sense to get by. I hope. But what's done is done .... and results are in like, 3 weeks anyhow.

...

Which means my next blog post will be in 3 weeks.

...

And I shall just leave you with this comment.... the most memorable single occasion in Med 3 was the anatomy/dissection lab that began with "First, bisect the pelvis".

2 comments:

  1. wheeee!! finally hearing from u! so whr're u heading for this time? stopping by kl at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally updated ur blog again. Where u off to this time? Fingers and toes crossed. I'm sure you passed. :P

    ReplyDelete